No two social media platforms are the same. Each outlet is geared to target a specific demographic and audience. But to get the absolute strongest reach for your practice, there are certain types of content, days, and times that should be utilized, each different for every platform. Balancing all of that may seem daunting. That’s why our social media marketing team at Ortho Marketing has come up with a “cheat sheet” for each social media platform you utilize. Take a look at this video with all the tips and tricks, or keep scrolling for the full blog:
DAYS AND TIMES
- Post 2-5 times per day
- Early afternoon, around 1:00-4:00 pm or in the evening, from 7:00-10:00 pm
- If you’ve got a really good post, save it for Thursday or Friday – that’s when the engagement rates are the highest
- Post no more than twice per day (we don’t want to bombard people with photos)
- Evenings from 7:00-9:00 pm are the best times
- Weekends can be hit or miss. Since your practice will be reaching out primarily to parents, your content should get traction, but don’t be afraid to experiment with different days and times
- You can be a little more generous with Twitter, tweeting 5-7 times per day
- Early to mid-afternoons are the best times for Twitter – any times between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm
- Orthodontic practices like yours should utilize the weekends and Wednesdays
- Depending on the amount of good content you curate, you can be very generous on Pinterest with up to 30 posts per day
- Afternoons and evenings, from around 6:00-10:00 pm are the best times for Pinterest traffic
- The best day to utilize is Saturday, but if you’re going to pin during the week, keep it to night times
BEST PRACTICES FOR CONTENT
When getting ready to post to any of the above social media, or others for that matter, make sure you keep these tips in mind:
- Do your best to not appear sales-y. That will just deter potential patients from viewing or clicking your content.
- People need to know your practice is legit in order to trust you. So, try to post content that demonstrates that, like before-and-afters, staff photos, reviews you’ve received, etc.
- Be a resource. How-to guides, surveys, informative blogs, and the like, secure your practice as the authority in orthodontia.
- Use your posts to engage with patients. Offer promotions and contests, and post questions that lend themselves to comments, likes, and replies to boost your engagement.
- Videos! Videos dominate 77% of web traffic, so use videos to show off your practice, offer tips and tricks, and promote contests.
NEED HELP WITH SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT?
We know that, now that we’ve provided you with all this crucial information for maintaining an active, branded social media presence for your practice, it can seem a little intimidating. Our recommendation is to start slow, and don’t be afraid to experiment. Collect data, and build upon it. If you need help with social media marketing for your practice, our team at Ortho Marketing media is here to help. Our YouTube Channel is full of great tips for marketing your practice. For even more tips and tricks for social media marketing for orthodontists, or to schedule a consultation with our team, talk to us today.